Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic
We’re obsessed with this air fryer Brussels sprouts recipe. It’s pretty clear about our love of brussels sprouts. Over the years we’ve added to our extensive collection of brussels sprouts recipes and thought we’d be satisfied for a while. Now we have a new one to add: Air fried brussels sprouts in the air fryer. And it’s a life changing way to make Brussels sprouts crispy!
Quick, Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Less Oil
First of all, we have to be honest about our initial judgments of air fryers. We have a great double oven that we use for roasting and stove top for deep frying. So adding another air fryer or for that matter, any appliance felt like an overload of tools. Second of all, an air fryer just felt like an unnecessary “As Seen On TV” gadget that usually ends up at the garage sale. But with so much talk about air fryers over the last few years, we had to finally give it a try. Now as a result, our minds are blown and totally humbled about our previous air fryer judgments.
Watch Video: Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
How to Make Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
These air fryer brussels sprouts come out so fantastic, perfectly crispy and oh soooo good. Our classic brussels sprouts recipe with balsamic vinegar is our go-to oven roasted holiday brussels sprouts dish.
- We made these air fried brussels sprouts with much less oil when compared to cooking in the regular oven. The results were just as delicious and super crispy without all the oil. Just use a light oil spray of avocado oil, grape seed oil or olive oil.
- Crispy texture: The texture was like a perfectly roasted brussels sprout. We’ll definitely consider making our brussels sprouts in the air fryer for the holidays when we’re in need of more oven space.
- Cut the brussels in half for even cooking. If they’re large, you might want to quarter them. Brussels sprouts vary so much in size. Here’s our discussion about different size Brussels sprouts.
- This recipe timing and temp is for fresh Brussels sprouts
- Now we can dedicate our ovens to the turkey, potatoes and desserts. The air fryer can now handle all the brussels sprouts dishes! We barely have to use any oil for cooking these air fried Brussels sprouts. And all food comes out crispy and perfectly cooked.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
We have 15 different air fryers, all different brands and we definitely have our favorites.
Here’s our extensive write up on Air Fryer World’s Best Air Fryer Guide. There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is great for clean up. Easily cooks 2-3 servings of fish & meat.
Great ceramic coated basket for easy clean-up. Super powerful fan that often cooks food hotter & faster than other air fryers.
Good Larger Air Fryers
One of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size for about 4 servings. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Instant Pot Brand makes air fryers. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.
Air Fryer Daily Must Haves
We LOVE the Evo Oil Sprayers. Great for grilling, air frying, and everyday cooking. They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
Parchment sheets make clean up easy and minimize sticking food in your air fryer or bamboo steamer. Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
As always, portion control is key to eating healthier so you wouldn’t want to eat a whole basket of fries even if it’s air fried. But cooking with less oil in the air frier can certainly help you eat healthier.
- Healthy Air Fryer Baked Salmon Recipe
- Spicy sriracha cauliflower in the air fryer
- Popular garlic mushrooms in the air fryer
- Check out all our Air Fryer Recipes Here
- Homemade Crispy Air Fried French Fries in Air Fryer
Hope you enjoy this recipe for air fryer brussels sprouts and our collection of other brussels sprouts recipes over the years. here’s another great batch to try. Enjoy!
-diane and todd
Crispy Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic
- Put cut brussels sprouts to bowl. Drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar evenly over the brussels sprouts. Don’t dump the oil and vinegar in one spot or else it will just coat one brussels sprout. You want to make sure to coat all the brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the brussels sprouts. Stir to combine everything and long enough so that all the brussels sprouts soaks up the marinade. There shouldn’t be any marinade left in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add brussels to the air fryer basket. Air fry at 360°F for about 15-20 minutes. Shake and gently stir half way through, about 8 minutes into cooking. Make sure you shake at the halfway mark! You don’t wany to end up with uneven cooking. If needed, shake and toss a 3rd time to make sure it all cooks evenly.
- Continue to air fry the brussels for the remainder of the time, or until the brussels are golden brown and cooked through. You can check earlier if needed to make sure nothing burns. Or you can add more time if needed to make sure it’s cooked through.
- Add additional salt and pepper if needed on the brussels sprouts and enjoy!
- Don’t crowd the basket. If needed, it’s better to cook in multiple smaller batches for even cooking, than it is to cook in one large batch. If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- If you decide to double the recipe, it will work great but make sure your air fryer is large enough (this recipe was cooked in a 3.7 qt air fryer). You might need add an additional 1-2 minutes of cooking time and give an extra shake or two while cooking if the basket is fairly full.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
Best Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Here’s Our Collection of Best Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin Recipe: this is the magical recipe that has transformed so many brussels sprouts haters into lovers. The result is an addicting, creamy and tender brussels sprouts and cheese combo that can easily satisfy anyone craving mac and cheese. And it’ll be a low carb version. Not low calorie, but definitely low carb!
- Easy Roast Brussels Sprouts Recipe: this was one of our very first recipes in 2009 and it’s continually our go-to recipe for every craving we have.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Parsley Dressing Recipe: another everyday favorite that’s bright with an awesome lemon dressing. Make double the amount because they’re so delicious, you might have it as a full meal.
- Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fish Sauce and Lime Recipe: Yes, it might sound odd– fish sauce?! Try it, the umami flavor in each bite is incredible.
- Braised Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots Recipe: An oldie but goodie because who doesn’t love bacon? and the shallots adds awesome flavor.
- Cheesy Baked Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan and Onion – a popular rendition of our sweet onion crack dip, but with a few brussels sprouts thrown in!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sriracha and Mint Recipe: A spicy sauce for all you sriracha lovers. And it’s flowing over a ton of brussels sprouts. Yum.
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Mom’s Chili Fish Sauce– a recipe with a Vietnamese twist to delicious fried brussels sprouts. To die for!
- Teriyaki Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe: We love sauce, can you tell? Here’s a fabulous teriyaki glazed beauty to make these veggies amazing.
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Bacon and Pecans: a raw take on the brussels sprouts and it’s a wonderful salad with salty bacon and crunchy pecans.