Healthy Air Fryer “Baked” Salmon
Air Fryer Salmon is amazing. Last night we came home after a long day on-set and were debating whether to eat out or dirty the kitchen to cook dinner. The thought of cleaning another kitchen was exhausting.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
After photographing sweets all day we were sugared-out and craving a clean dinner. This healthy air fried salmon came to the rescue and it definitely did not disappoint. We’re still overwhelmed at how quickly and perfect salmon can cook in the air fryer. In fact, almost anything cooked in the air fryer always has come out wonderful. After our air fryer brussels sprouts recipe tests, we started experimenting more with this fantastic way to cook. It’s a great way to get dinner on the table, especially for two after a long days work.
Video of Healthy Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
Air “Baked” salmon before and after, with very little oil
Healthy Salmon in Air Fryer with Little Oil
The salmon need very little oil and it was moist, tender and supremely delicious. Added a green salad and we were ready for dinner in less than 15 minutes. This air fried salmon had the same texture as a perfectly baked salmon. Think of simple baked salmon the air fryer for dinner and without a dirty kitchen to have to clean. Dinner was way too easy and couch-time came sooner than we realized.
Here’s our previous write up for almost everything you need to know about air flyers!
diane and todd
More Great Air Fryer Recipes:
What is the Best Air Fryer?
We have three different air fryers, all different brands and we definitely have our favorites.
- Size matters, especially if you’re needing to feed a family of four to six hungry people.
- We’re mostly cooking for two during the busy weeknights and the 3 qt size fryers is great for us.
- If you’re wondering what size of air fryer to get our recommendation is the 3-4 qt sizes for 2-3 people (or if you don’t mind cooking multiple batches) and the 5-6 qt for families of 4-6 (you’ll still cook somethings in batches, but not as much as the smaller air fryers).
Tidylife 4.2 qt Digital Air Fryer – This is our favorite one to cook for 2-3 people. Texture for several dishes came out noticeably better than other brands.
We love the non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray (makes for easy cleanup).
NuWave Brio 3 qt. Digital Air Fryer – We liked the NuWave Air Fryer too, just not quite as much as some of the other’s we’ve used. The basket has wire base (which we found sticks a bit more) and it doesn’t have the 1/2 way reminder beep of some other brands, however still cooks great.
It does have a lower temperature ability, allowing for more cooking options. The buttons are easier to see than on the some of the other’s we’ve tested.
Tiluxury 5.8 qt. Digital Air Fryer – This is a good larger air fryer. Great for cooking bigger batches (ie 4 salmon fillets instead of 2 or 2 lbs of fries instead of 1). This is a nice choice for families & hearty eaters.
This 5.8 qt air fryer has the non-stick basket (non-wire base) we prefer. Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets).
Oster Copper-Infused DuraCeramic 3.3 qt. Air Fryer – We love the copper infused ceramic coating on the basket.
Healthy Air Fryer Baked Salmon
- Evenly coat salmon with oil or cooking spray. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place salmon fillets in air fryer basket. Air fry the salmon at 360°F for 7-10 minutes or cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Serve warm. Enjoy, it's that simple.