Air Fryer Garlic Lemon Mushrooms
Air fryer mushrooms are one of the best side dishes we make. Super quick, and easy with great flavor and texture.
Easy Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe
Vegetable side dishes are so fantastic. We can make them into a simple meal and don’t even miss any meat. Air fryer mushrooms are our latest obsession and if you’re a mushroom lover, you’ll understand. Learning how to make air fryer mushrooms is easy. The hard part is convincing a mushroom-hater that these air fried mushrooms are amazing. But we did just that: converted a someone who hated mushrooms into happy mushroom eater. That’s how crazy good these air fried mushrooms are. The garlic and lemon flavors are the added bonus. YUM.
Video: Garlic Mushrooms in Air Fryer
Best Mushrooms to Cook with?
We have several favorites to air fry. Here’s our list of varieties we often cook with:
- White button mushrooms
- Mini bella or small brown mushrooms
- portabella mushrooms (cut into smaller pieces or cooked whole and stuffed)
- Shitake mushrooms
- Oyster mushrooms
Mushroom hater into a lover
One of our studio kitchen assistants declared herself a mushrooms hater. We told her that she just hasn’t tasted a mushroom that she could like yet. The air fryer did the job because these veggies come out super flavorful and with a perfect meaty texture. They’re seriously so good out of the air fryer and best of all, they’re ridiculously easy. Just toss the mushrooms in a little olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Within a few minutes you have a bowl of the perfect mushrooms side dish. Serve them with your favorite steak or on top of a salad. We love these so much it’s hard to not serve them at every single meal!
diane and todd
BUY OUR AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE FOR EASY MEALS AND LOW CARB RECIPES! Cook the Recipes, Eat the Delicious Recipes and Live the Life Changing Way to Cook. Included in these ebooks are simple tips and tricks to guide you through cooking. Every single recipe has step by step photos, which are super useful. You can see our process shots as guidance.
- Air fryer crispy Brussels sprouts recipe
- Creamy chicken in mushroom wine sauce
- Super popular skillet garlic butter mushrooms
Easy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- If using small to medium mushrooms, cut in half. Or for large mushrooms, cut them into quarters (depending on preferred size). Add mushrooms to bowl then toss with oil, garlic powder, soy/Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Air fry at 380°F for 10-12 minutes, shaking and stirring about halfway through. If you're cooking a lot of mushrooms, stir about three times for even cooking.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and top and serve with fresh herbs or chopped parsley.
If doubling the recipe and cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated. Recipe timing is written based on not preheating the Air Fryer.
Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.