Everything Bagel Chili Crisp
We love condiments and this Everything bagel chili crisp recipe is our latest obsession. If you’re familiar with the popular everything bagel seasoning then this chili crunch everything bagel will be on the top of your list. It’s savory, crunchy and has all the elements of everything bagel seasoning in one chili oil bite.
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning
If you’re still new to this wildly popular condiment then here’s a quick explanation. It started with a bottle Trader Joe’s Everything but the bagel seasoning. This bottle says it all. It has all the seasonings, spices and savory flavors of an everything bagel but without the bagel. This bottle of spices has been used on so many dishes and it’s been an icon of the quick-grab spice bottle. You can put it on so many things. Here’s 50 ideas for using everything bagel seasoning. Add this everything bagel chili crisp on top of your cream cheese, it’s wonderful!
Quick History of Chili Oil, Chili Crisp, Chili Crunch
Now let’s talk about the second half of this recipe. If you haven’t tried chili crisp yet (aka chili crunch, chili oil) then you should asap. What started as a table side condiment in Chinese restaurants has grown to massive popularity. It’s a combination of oil, crispy garlic, sometimes onion, chili flakes or crushed sichuan chili and other savory spices. Each bite is spicy, savory and oh so good. We put this chili crunch everyrhing bagel on almost everything beyond the bagel. You can buy it almost everywhere. Here’s our homemade chili crunch recipe that you have to try!
Everything Bagel Chili Crunch or Chili Crisp
So if a bottle of everything bagel seasoning and chili crisp had a baby, it would be this everything bagel chili crisp. The combination of the everything bagel bottle with all the elements of chili crisp are dynamite. Best of all, it’s so easy to put together and if you love both flavors, there’s no reason to not make it. In fact, there’s so many delicious reasons to make this and have it in your fridge. Trust us, you’ll be reaching for this version of chili oil with everything bagel seasoning everyday.
Video: Everything Bagel Chili Crunch Recipe
Tips on How to Make Chili Crisp Crunch with Everything Bagel
- If you want a batch with a little less oil, you can use 1/3 cup of oil. Using 1/2 cup is nice to have the little extra oil if you want to make stir fries or sauteed foods. But if you’re just topping foods with the everything bagel chili crisp, then 1/3 cup will give you less oil and more crunch/crisp per spoon.
- Cooking the garlic to the perfect light brown gives this condiment more “crunch”. But you have to monitor the oil and garlic so the garlic doesn’t burn. Don’t leave the stove! Stay close by and as soon as the garlic looks slightly brown, immediately remove the pan from the heat.
- For a less spicy version, you can use half the amount of chili flakes.
- All everything bagel chili crisp recipe details are in the box below.
Everything Bagel Seasoning Chili Crisp
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) everything bagel seasoning
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , if using table salt, use a little less
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5 ml) cayenne , optional or to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until slightly golden, about 1 minute. Immediately remove pan from heat. Don’t let the fresh garlic overcook and get burnt.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (everything bagel seasoning, red chili flakes, smoked paprika, salt, sugar, and cayenne).
- Give everything a good stir and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Store in air tight jars in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Best way to store chili crisp
We eat it often enough to where we keep it out on the counter, but making sure the seeds/garlic are immersed in the oil. We will usually finish a bottle within 2 weeks. If friends or family come over, then it’s gone in 1 hour. But if you’re not sure how long you’re going to finish the bottle, then store it in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. Try to eat it right away because it tastes so much better when it’s fresh.
Ideas for serving
Gosh, where do we start? We put this &^%$ on almost everything! Anytime you want some great flavor on foods, just add a spoonful of this magical condiment.
- Chili Oil with Everything Bagel Seasoning on Chicken Wings! this is a fantastic topping to chicken wings. Here’s our chili crunch chicken wings recipe. Just replace it with the everything bagel version.
- Love eggs? then you have to use it on fried eggs, deviled eggs, scramble eggs or what every eggs. Here’s the inspiration: chili oil fried eggs recipe.
- Top it off on a bagel with cream cheese.
- Add to grilled meats or vegetables.
- Noodles or pasta are great with this amazing condiment.