Crispy Honey-Sriracha Glazed Buffalo Wings
Sriracha Honey Buffalo Wings Recipe
Buffalo wings are fairly hard to pass up at a party, unless you’re a vegetarian. And if that’s the case, there’s always a platter of crispy celery and carrots with the bonus buffalo wing sauce for our veg-head friends. So everyone wins at our parties.
A memorable buffalo or chicken wing recipe is all about having a great sauce, one that will keep people licking their fingers between every touchdown hoorah. Adding a bit of heat and lively spice doesn’t hurt either and if your guests leave the party with their palates till tingling, then you know you have a winning recipe.
Our buffalo wing repertoire normally will have mild selection (for the quitters) and an amped up, spice packed wing variation for the more daring and bold friends. Both are great, but the buffalo wings that are kicked up on the scoville level are so much more fun to eat.
We have a siriracha chicken wing recipe that we developed last year and it’s been a huge hit. The sauce doesn’t have butter, so yay for less calories, but it has a ton of umami flavor from hot sauce and fish sauce. When both are combined together, it’s a deadly addicting combination.
Anything with spice or sriracha based blast is alway on our radar and there’s a new book by Randy Clemons, who is quite possibly the number one sriracha fan. Randy has a new book out, appropriately called, The Sriracha Cookbook, that is filled with beautifully photographed recipes full of this sweet/spicy/tangy hot sauce. If you love Sriracha hot sauce, or any hot sauce for that matter, you’ll have plenty of cooking fun with this book.
The Sriracha Cookbook: We were drawn to his sriracha honey buffalo wings that included plenty of sweet orange blossom honey to balance out the heat. And it contains plenty butter to make it extra rich and special. His sriracha honey wings are a great variation and alternative to our other sriracha wings because of the balance of sweet and spice. Adding the bright pop of fresh lime juice makes his recipe over the top wonderful.
The fun part about Randy’s honey-glazed sriracha buffalo wings is that you can substitute the recipes with any of your favorite hot sauces and the results will probably be equally fantastic.
Here’s all our Chicken Wings Recipes if you’re hungry for more
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
Adapted from The Sriracha Cookbook.
- 4 pounds (1820g) Chicken Wings , rinsed, and patted dry
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
For the Sauce
- 1 cup (225g) unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup (155ml) Sriracha
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Honey
- 2 teaspoons (10g) Kosher Salt
- juice of 1 Lime
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On prepared baking sheet pan, spread chicken wings out in one even layer (we don't coat our wings with oil before baking, but you can if you want. We find that the oil just makes the wings greasier. The wings release enough fat already). Season chicken wings with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes until golden brown, flipping the wings halfway through baking, after the first 25 minutes or so.
- While cooking the chicken wings, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add sriracha, honey, sea salt and lime juice, then stir to combine. Keep warm over low heat.
- When ready to serve, toss chicken wings with sriracha-honey sauce, plate, and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.