Strawberry Daiquiri Cocktail
The frozen strawberry daiquiri recipe is one of the most abused cocktails served up. Often sugared to the point you barely notice the alcohol and served in huge vessels as an adult slushie. It doesn’t need to be this way. A blended strawberry daiquiri, when balanced well can be refreshing & delicious. And is one of the easiest ways to incoorporate the berries into the cocktail so it is nice & smooth. If you don’t mind a little texture, you can always make a muddled version.
Easy Strawberry Daiquiri
Using fresh lime juice makes a huge difference compared to bottled lime juice. If you can hand squeeze fresh (especially fresh from the tree fresh) it will be even better. The oils from the rinds will give the cocktail a little extra brightness and lime flavor without add acidity. Add the squeezed limes into the shaker for full benefit. Play with different rums, as they all vary in sweetness and depth of flavor.
Video Making Strawberry Daiquiris
Fresh or Frozen Fruit?
You can make a strawberry daiquiri with either fresh fruit or frozen. This recipe is for frozen strawberries since you can get quality ones all year round. You can make with fresh strawberries if you have them. Hull & slice the strawberries. Add another 1/2 – 1 cup of ice, depending on the warmth of your other ingredients.
Can you make a pitcher of this strawberry daiquiri cocktail ?
Yes you totally can! You can triple the recipe and it’s a great party cocktail pitcher to share with a crowd. How many people does it serve? We suggest serving in smaller servings so people don’t get too intoxicated too quick. So a 4-6 oz glass is a good starter serving. If your guests want more, they can get seconds.
Enjoy this strawberry daiquiri cocktail during the warm Summer months to celebrate long and lazy days.
-todd and diane
Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe (Rum Cocktail)
- 1/2 cup (60 ml) white Rum
- 1/3 cup (22 ml) fresh Lime Juice , or to taste (usually about 3 limes worth)
- 1/4-1/2 cup (22 ml) Sugar , or @ 1/2 cup (120ml) simple syrup, depending on your sweetness preference
- 2 cups frozen Strawberries *see head note for fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (240 ml) ice , approximately
More Easy Recipes:
- Grandma’s persimmon cookies
- Vegan foods on our Koyasan Trip
- Double Tangerine Cocktail
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Here’s our complete–> Cocktail & Drink Recipe Collection Here.
- More great strawberry cocktail recipes.