Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
The weather has been fantastic lately and it’s hard to stay indoors. We’re cooking outdoors more and these grilled cauliflower steaks topped with all our favorite cheeses has become an alfresco favorite.
Since the sun is out more, our citrus trees are happier than ever. With a good amount of rain so far this year, the garden is blooming like crazy. Everyone is enjoying the warmer weather and we’re definitely spending much more time outside. Grilling has been on our agenda so much lately and we’re not even tired of it at all. But with so much grilling what we’ve definitely been changing up is what we’ve been grilling. Steaks, chicken and meat is always better with veggies and that’s why our focus lately has been grilling all types of veggies in different marinades and styles.
Thick slices of cauliflower grilled to a nice crispy char is one of our favorite side dishes, ever.
Watch making the Grilled Cauliflower Steaks:
Simple and Delicious Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
Topped with an always rotating and changing variety of cheese, these grilled cauliflower steaks never gets old. We’ll start with our simple and delicious marinade and then change the toppings. Or we’ll adjust our marinade with a little more spice, zest or tang. It always turns out great because the cauliflower absorbs the flavors so well and then the grill finishes it off to perfection.
It’s always a favorite dish for our vegetarian friends and non-veggie friends. We have to make double or triple the amount of these grilled cauliflower steaks because they’re hard to resist. It can be a meal in itself. And for anyone who has ever doubted cauliflower, give this a bite and guaranteed they’ll be hooked! We’re now obsessed with this grilled cauliflower recipe and hope you will too when it’s time to eat outside.
Enjoy these grilled cauliflower steaks! ,
diane and todd
Enjoy more of our Cauliflower Recipes Here.
Here’s a great Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe that’s low carb ad 100% cauliflower.
Some Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there I never need. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
Some days we just need to keep the little things contained on the grill. Throw them all into a basket and grill from there. Easy-peasy.
Grilled Garlic Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 medium head of cauliflower , sliced about 1/2” thick
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or herbs of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup cheese (feta, cotija, parmesan, cheddar)
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley or cilantro
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high to high heat. Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- In bowl, combine oil, garlic, Worcestershire or soy sauce, dried herbs, lemon pepper seasoning, chili powder, and onion powder. Whisk ingredients together. Brush the marinade on both all sides of the cauliflower slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper to top of steaks to taste.
- Gently place marinated cauliflower steaks on grill. Cook the steaks for about 2-4 minutes each side, or until nicely charred with crispy edges. Be gentle in flipping the cauliflower to try to keep them as a whole large slice.
- Lay steaks on platter and sprinkle with cheese while the cauliflower is still hot so cheese can melt. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and enjoy!