Air Fryer Corn on The Cob
Air Fryer Corn Recipe
This air fryer corn recipe is ridiculously easy. It’s one of those no-brainer recipes that we don’t think that we’d ever try. We love fresh Summer sweet corn and our go-to method has always been to grill it. If we’re in a rush, we’ll boil a pot of water and use the simple water method. But after giving it a whirl in the air fryer, life is now completely different! It’s not the same, but in a good way because air fried corn is amazing. Seriously, it’s not exact same flavor that you can get on the grill, but it’s darn close. The crisp, charred texture is to personal taste and in the air fryer, you can get it as crisp as you like. Of course, you can’t air fry it for too long or else it can become popcorn. Other than that, this simple technique in this latest appliance craze is a game changer when you want delicious corn, quick. You don’t have to heat up the grill and there’s hardly any mess to clean up. So if you’re craving corn on the cob, pop a few in your air fryer and give it a try!
Video: Easy Air Fryer Corn-on-The-Cob Recipe
Tips for Air Fried Corn on The Cob:
- Butter or oil spray? Which one to use for cooking? : Well, there’s two answers to this. The butter can brown/burn a bit when cooked in the air fryer. Some find that super delicious, and others not so much. Oil spray (or even drizzled oil) will help the corn cook without the oil itself burning as easily. Either way, you’ll have butter at the end to spread when you’re eating it the corn right? Gotta have butter spread all over the cooked corn!
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the corn and the size of your air fryer. So if you’re unsure, try cooking maybe 1-2 corns first and test the time that works best for your preferred corn texture. Don’t cook a whole big batch on your first try. You might end up with a batch that you don’t like.
- Use different compound butters. Mix it up and enjoy all the wonderful flavors of compound butters for a different bite of corn.
- Top with nutrition yeast or freshly grated parmesan. Either are so tasty! The nutritional yeast has to be one of our favorite corn (and popcorn) toppings!
-diane and todd
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 2-4 ears fresh corn , shucked and cleaned
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Melted butter or oil spray
- 2 Tablespoons butter , for spreading
- optional - Nutritional yeast , to top corn
- optional - grated parmesan cheese , to top corn
- Cut end of corn to fit air fryer basket. If needed for smaller air fryer, cut the corn in half
- Coat all sides of the corn with melted butter or oil spray. Season with salt and pepper around the whole corn.
Air Fry at 370°F for 12-16 minutes *see note below, flipping half way. Cook until kernels are tender and lightly browned. Add butter and enjoy!
For additional tastiness, top with nutritional yeast or grated parmesan cheese.
Here’s more of our Air Fryer Recipes.
Check out Air Fryer World to learn more about Air Frying, Tips, Troubleshooting and Recipes! BTW- yes, it’s our latest website for our new air fryer obsession. 🙂