Air Fryer Corn on The Cob
This air fryer corn recipe is ridiculously easy. It’s one of those no-brainer recipes that we don’t think that we’d ever try. We love fresh Summer sweet corn and our go-to method has always been to grill it.
Air Fryer Corn Recipe
If we’re in a rush, we’ll boil a pot of water and use the simple water method. But after giving it a whirl in the air fryer, life is now completely different! It’s not the same, but in a good way because air fried corn is amazing. Seriously, it’s not exact same flavor that you can get on the grill, but it’s darn close. The crisp, charred texture is to personal taste and in the air fryer, you can get it as crisp as you like. Of course, you can’t air fry it for too long or else it can become popcorn. Other than that, this simple technique in this latest appliance craze is a game changer when you want delicious corn, quick. You don’t have to heat up the grill and there’s hardly any mess to clean up. So if you’re craving corn on the cob, pop a few in your air fryer and give it a try!
Video: Easy Air Fryer Corn-on-The-Cob Recipe
Tips for Air Fried Corn on The Cob:
- Butter or oil spray? Which one to use for cooking? : Well, there’s two answers to this. The butter can brown/burn a bit when cooked in the air fryer. Some find that super delicious, and others not so much. Oil spray (or even drizzled oil) will help the corn cook without the oil itself burning as easily. Either way, you’ll have butter at the end to spread when you’re eating it the corn right? Gotta have butter spread all over the cooked corn!
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the corn and the size of your air fryer. So if you’re unsure, try cooking maybe 1-2 corns first and test the time that works best for your preferred corn texture. Don’t cook a whole big batch on your first try. You might end up with a batch that you don’t like.
- Use different compound butters. Mix it up and enjoy all the wonderful flavors of compound butters for a different bite of corn.
- Top with nutritional yeast or freshly grated parmesan. Either are so tasty! The nutritional yeast has to be one of our favorite corn (and popcorn) toppings!
Can you use frozen corn?
Sure, you can use frozen corn that’s thawed. The texture isn’t like fresh corn but if it’s your only option, then go for it! Just remember to let the corn thaw completely, then squeeze out any excess oil. Because it’s essentially pre-cooked, air frying time will be a little less.
Our Favorite Air Fryer Tools
We LOVE the Evo Oil Sprayers. Great for grilling, air frying, and everyday cooking. They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
Parchment sheets make clean up easy and minimize sticking food in your air fryer or bamboo steamer. Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 2-4 ears fresh corn , shucked and cleaned
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Melted butter or oil spray
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter , for spreading
- optional – Nutritional yeast , to top corn
- optional – grated parmesan cheese , to top corn
- Cut end of corn to fit air fryer basket. If needed for smaller air fryer, cut the corn in half
- Coat all sides of the corn with melted butter or oil spray. Season with salt and pepper around the whole corn.
- Air Fry at 370°F for 12-16 minutes *see note below, flipping half way. Cook until kernels are tender and lightly browned. Add butter and enjoy! For additional tastiness, top with nutritional yeast or grated parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information per Serving
What is the Best Air Fryer?
We have 15 different air fryers, all different brands and we definitely have our favorites.
Here’s our extensive write up on Air Fryer World’s Best Air Fryer Guide. There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is great for clean up. Easily cooks 2-3 servings of fish & meat.
Great ceramic coated basket for easy clean-up. Super powerful fan that often cooks food hotter & faster than other air fryers.
Good Larger Air Fryers
One of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size for about 4 servings. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Instant Pot Brand makes air fryers. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Here’s more of our popular Air Fryer Recipes.
- Shrimp Cocktail in the air fryer is an amazing appetizer
- Love Mushrooms? Try these air fryer mushrooms.
- Best ever crispy air fryer chicken wings with little oil.
- Check out Air Fryer World to learn more about Air Frying, Tips, Troubleshooting and Recipes. BTW- yes, it’s our latest website for our new air fryer obsession. 🙂