Club Med Bahamas- Green Flash Cocktail
This Curacao Cocktail Drink was one of our first recipe posts back in 2009. It’s fun to see how our photography and stories have changed over the years!
Curacao Cocktail Drink Recipe
I can’t tell you how much I love Curacao, a flavored liqueur made from the dried peels of the laraha citrus fruit which grown on the island of Curaçao, hence, the name. The brilliant blue color, the bright citrus/orange tones and slight bitterness of this liqueur makes a perfectly delicious and beautiful cocktail. When Brandt Johnson, the head bartender at Club Med Columbus Isle was setting up for the evenings Food & Wine Festival cocktail demonstration, I was stunned at the beautiful tray of brilliant green sea of Green Flash curaçao cocktails drink.
What’s a Green Flash? In the Bahamas, it’s a “natural tropical phenomenon occurring at sunset. Very rarely, on utterly cloudless occasions, and just after the sun has disappeared underneath the sea, a brilliant band of green light as wide as the sun itself will flash across the horizon.” As beautiful as this natural wonder appears, this cocktail is as delicious. I personally have not experienced this amazing sunset sight, but I’m now obsessed with seeing it one day. Back in my college days, I was obsessed with the aurora borealis and now I can add this green flash light show to my wish list. It’s a big wish list in the making, but I have a whole lifetime to wait for it’s coming.
Until the, I have this fabulous curaçao cocktail drink to hold me over. It’s fruity, slightly bubbly and perfectly beautiful both in taste and beauty for any tropical setting. This will hold me over until I see the real deal over the sunset one day.
Read my 2009 Club Med Blogger series:
- Heading to Bahamas blogger bash
- Club Med -Day 0.5, cocktail party, Bahama Mama Cocktail
- Club Med -Day 2, beach photoshoot crazy
- Club Med – White Gazpacho Recipe and more blogger pics!
- Club Med – Fish & Cockburn Town
- Club Med – Green Flash Cocktail
- Club Med – Deep Sea Fishing
Green Flash Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ounce (30ml) Vodka
- 1/2 ounce (15ml) Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 ounce (15ml) Blue Curacao
- 3 ounces (90ml) orange juice
- 3 ounces (90ml) sprite
- orange slice for garnish
- maraschino cherry for garnish
- Mix cocktail ingredients together (vodka, peach schnapps, blue Curacao, oj, and sprite), serve over ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry.
- Lean back, savor the tropical evening and enjoy.