Club Med Bahamas- Green Flash Cocktail
Curacao Cocktail Recipe
I can’t tell you how much I love Curacao, a flavored liqueur made from the dried peels of the laraha citrus fruit which grown on the island of Curaçao, hence, the name. The brilliant blue color, the bright citrus/orange tones and slight bitterness of this liqueur makes a perfectly delicious and beautiful cocktail.
When Brandt Johnson, the head bartender at Club Med Columbus Isle was setting up for the evenings Food & Wine Festival cocktail demonstration, I was stunned at the beautiful tray of brilliant green sea of Green Flash cocktails.
What’s a Green Flash? In the Bahamas, it’s a “natural tropical phenomenon occurring at sunset. Very rarely, on utterly cloudless occasions, and just after the sun has disappeared underneath the sea, a brilliant band of green light as wide as the sun itself will flash across the horizon.”
As beautiful as this natural wonder appears, this cocktail is as delicious. I personally have not experienced this amazing sunset sight, but I’m now obsessed with seeing it one day. Back in my college days, I was obsessed with the aurora borealis and now I can add this green flash light show to my wish list. It’s a big wish list in the making, but I have a whole lifetime to wait for it’s coming.
Until them, I have this fabulous cocktail to hold me over. It’s fruity, slightly bubbly and perfectly beautiful both in taste and beauty for any tropical setting.
This will hold me over until I see the real deal over the sunset one day.
More Cocktail Recipes on our blog.
Read my 2009 Club Med Blogger series:
- Heading to Bahamas blogger bash
- Club Med -Day 0.5, cocktail party, Bahama Mama Cocktail
- Club Med -Day 2, beach photoshoot crazy
- Club Med – White Gazpacho Recipe and more blogger pics!
- Club Med – Fish & Cockburn Town
- Club Med – Green Flash Cocktail
- Club Med – Deep Sea Fishing
Green Flash Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ounce (30ml) Vodka
- 1/2 ounce (15ml) Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 ounce (15ml) Blue Curacao
- 3 ounces (90ml) orange juice
- 3 ounces (90ml) sprite
- orange slice for garnish
- maraschino cherry for garnish
Mix cocktail ingredients together (vodka, peach schnapps, blue Curacao, oj, and sprite), serve over ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry.
- Lean back, savor the tropical evening and enjoy.