Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp with Lemon in 15 minutes
Our first batch of air fryer shrimp was mind-blowing and a game changer. Within minutes we had our best air fried shrimp ever.
Easy Air Fried Shrimp Recipe
If you love shrimp as much as we do and you have an air fryer, this is the next recipe you should try. Air fried shrimp with garlic and lemon is an outstanding way to easily cook shrimp. The shrimp texture is amazing, healthy, flavorful and delicious. It’s a fantastic quick and easy dinner or anytime you’re craving perfect shrimp. We’ve been obsessed with this shrimp and it’s hard to pass up a meal with healthy shrimp salad, shrimp taco or shrimp for pasta. Low Carb and always delicious, it’s our go-to quick weeknight dinner.
Video: 15 minute Healthy Air Fried Shrimp
Timing will change depending on the size of your shrimp! But after cooking your first batch, you’ll know more about what the best timing if for your preferred texture, shrimp size and air fryer model.
How to Cook Air fryer Shrimp Recipe or with Cocktail Sauce
We love cooking shrimp so much in the air fryer and it’s so versatile. One of our favorite ways is to use the shrimp in a shrimp cocktail. We have an easy homemade cocktail sauce that’s way better than any store bought jars. Here’s the recipe for the Shrimp cocktail in the air fryer. This has become one of our go-to appetizers for any party or gathering.
- Make sure shrimp is all the same size. Everything will cook more evenly if they’re the same.
- If you’re cooking with frozen shrimp, add about 2-3 more minutes to the cooking time.
- Try using shrimp that’s as fresh as possible. The flavor and texture is so much better.
- If you have leftovers, you can store the shrimp in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- The flavor of the shrimp is fantastic when it’s cooked in the air fryer. It’s hard to convince you until you’ve tried it.
Here’s more great recipes to explore. They’re great starter recipes for anyone who is new to this appliance. After a few meals, we hope you’ll be hooked and as happy as we are.
- Healthy chicken and broccoli
- Air fried brussels sprouts
- More air fried recipes that we developed for Best Recipe Box
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2020 with updated video. If you have any new recipe ideas to share, please share it in the comments below. We’d love to see what you’re making!
Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp with Lemon
- 1 pound (454 g) raw shrimp , peeled de-veined,
- Vegetable oil or spray , to coat shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- lemon wedges
- minced parsley and/or chili flakes (optional)
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the oil or spray to coat. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Add shrimp to air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air Fry at 400°F for about 8-14 minutes, gently shaking and flipping the shrimp over halfway through cooking. Cooking times will vary depending on size of shrimp and on different air fryer brands and styles.
- Transfer shrimp to bowl, squeeze lemon juice on top. Sprinkle parsley and/or chili flakes and serve hot.