Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Mustard Parsley Dressing
Our garlic roasted brussels sprouts with lemon mustard parsley dressing is an excellent side dish to any feast. Update: Click here for more fabulous Brussels Sprouts Recipes.
Easy Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Now everyone, don’t bum-rush to the kitchen all at once now because I know you’re super excited about another brussels sprouts recipe. Or at least I’m hoping you’re as hungry and excited as I am. And if you’re not, you’re probably one of the brussels sprouts haters that can’t stand to re-live those terrible toddler moments when your parents force-fed you boiled brussels sprouts. Am I right? or am I right? Because of all you brussels-sprouts-haters, I’ve made it a life long mission to keep developing different versions. It’s my hope that one of these recipes will turn you over to the loving side. Or at least that is my hope. A girl can only dream of a brussels-sprouts-loving world.
Watch this delicious Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Video:
I was hungry for a vegetarian lunch a few weeks ago and after a few salads, I was hoping to really bite into something flavorful, or at least chow down on a big bowl of roasted-something. The only thing that made sense and which I had all the ingredients for in the garden and on-hand were, you guessed it, brussels sprouts. Gosh, I’m so predictable sometimes. Finally, rather than dress it up with my simple balsamic vinegar or fish sauce, I was craving for something a little more tangy, zingy, fresh, herby and citrusy.All those adjectives brought these ingredients to mind: Bright flavors of lemon zest and juice, tangy-roasted, balsamic vinegar, zingy mustard and herbaceous parsley. Perfect. Lunch was served. And literally, these garlic roasted brussels sprouts were our full, delicious lunch. The wonderful flavors of the lemon mustard parley dressing could not have been more satisfying and best of all, the dressing is now a favorite for an everyday salad.
So finally, did I succeed on this garlic roasted Brussels sprouts recipe? Will you now head on over to the brussels-sprouts-loving side?
How Long To Bake or Roast Brussels Sprouts?
- Brussels sprouts can very tremendously in size, ranging from the size of a large egg to as small as a 5-cent coin. Because of this, cooking times will vary.
- Make sure to adjust your cooking times depending on the size that you end up cooking. Also, try to select all the same sizes for consistent cooking.
- Most average brussels sprouts are about the size of a quarter coin, or slightly larger. Bake them at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes. This will give a nice caramelized and slightly crispy outside.
- If you want a really crispy and charred outside, broil the brussels sprouts until they are crispy. Do this after they have been cooked through.
Here’s some more great brussels sprouts recipes
- Classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar Recipe
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin – The best brussels sprouts casserole ever
- Braised Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots – for bacon lovers everywhere
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Lemon Mustard Parsley Dressing
Roasting Brussels Sprouts Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts (approximately)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or crushed
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced italian or flat leaf parsley
- additional salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a sheet pan.
Peel the outer, bruised layers of the brussels sprouts off. Trim the ends, then cut brussels sprouts in half or quarters (for small brussels sprouts, cut them in half, and for large brussels sprouts, quarter them for more even cooking).
In a large bowl, whisk together the roasting marinade ingredients: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and black pepper. Then add the brussels sprouts and toss to coat evenly.
Spread the brussels sprouts, cut side down, on the prepared sheet pan. Roast in oven for 15 minutes, flip the sprouts to cut side up, then roast for 10-15 minutes more or until browned.
While the brussels sprouts are roasting, make the dressing: Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, brown sugar and parsley. Set aside.
When brussels sprouts are cooked, toss them with the dressing and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.