Our Photo Card Giveaway & Zucchini Contest
This contest has ended. Thank you everyone for participating. The weight of the zucchinis and board was 24.5 pounds.
Congrats to the two winners who had the closest guess:
- RuthAnn #87 – guessed the exact weight 24.5 pounds. Congrats!
- SaraL #5- guessed 24 pounds.
We were out of town for a few days and come home to these gigantic zucchini. They’re huge, out of control and they’re from the garden. Check them out!
To celebrate Summer and veggies-on-crack, we decided to have little fun with them and have a guessing game contest to see who guesses the weight of them all. Two years ago we had you guess the weight of Henry, our giant beet root. This Summer, it’s all about the zucchini.
Diane, Sierra & the garden loot (iphone)
Even within just a few days, these zucchini grow so fast, we can’t keep up with them. Many of you have mentioned that you’ve grown zucchini this huge too, so it looks like we’re all possessing the same green thumb or luck. What ever the case, let’s have some fun with our garden monsters.
The Prize – Custom Printed Photo Cards – Two Winners!
As a pre-view to our new online store, we’re giving away a set of our custom photo cards!
Soon, our store will have stock, photo prints, photo cards and photo products available in various styles and sizes. As an added bonus to our online store, we’ll showcase our marketplace of unique food styling props and unique home decor pieces that we collect during our travels. So many of you ask us where we get our food photography/styling props, so when we find extra pieces , we’ll be adding them to our online marketplace collection.
In the meantime, we’re giving away a set of 3 (5×7) photo cards that we custom print ourselves at our studio. These photo cards are printed on high quality textured, canvas paper. We custom control each photo card to our satisfaction so that what you receive is the highest quality print and color saturation that we can offer.
Each winner will receive these 3 photo cards (envelopes included) of some of our favorite images and quotes that inspire us!
The Contest ( 4 chances to enter) :
Four Zucchini taking over Sierra’s bed
Guess the weight of these 4 huge zucchini in pounds to the nearest 1/2 lb. (total weight must include weight of the board too)
- 1 entry: Leave your guessed weight of the four zucchini in pounds to the nearest 1/2 lb. (total weight must include weight of the board too). Basically, what you think the scale in the photo says (measures in 1/2 lb increments. example – “60.5 lbs”).
- 2nd entry: Tweet out this contest with our handle @WhiteOnRice . Leave the link back here with your 2nd weight guess.
- 3rd entry: Have you “liked” our Facebook page yet? Once you have already, let us know here with your 3rd weight guess.
- 4th entry: We’re on Pinterest and Instagram as @DianeCu and @ToddPorter. Just follow any one of these and leave your 4th weight guess here.
- The two closest correct guesses will be the winners. We will confirm if the winners’ entry satisfied the requirement before we announce.
- Contest ends Thursday, August 8th, 2012 midnight PST. Winner will be announced by Friday August 9th. Please return back to this post to find out the winner.
Good luck to everyone and Happy Summer!
diane and todd