Spicy Sriracha White Bean Dip & Signs of Spring!
Spicy White Bean Dip
Homemade spicy sriracha, fresh chilies sauces and pretty much anything with dip recipes has been on our eating repertoire as of late. Since making our last batch of spicy garlic knots, cravings for more heat keeps our stomachs rumbling for daily spice. Just the other day, we were making our latest batch of homemade kim chi and went triple the spicy level! Fingers crossed we don’t regret adding all that heat.
Spring is nearing so plenty of fresh vegetables, fresh citrus and homemade baked goods will fill the studio for photography. Also on our Spring party menu are homemade crackers with parmesan, lots of sugar snap pea recipes, ham and brunch items.
To accompany our Spring parties we love simple, yet fresh and flavorful dip recipes. This fresh white bean dip seems to satisfy any hungry crowd. Since we still have spicy on the mind, it seems to appropriate to add a bit of fresh heat to this earthy and white bean dip.
Easy Spicy Bean Dip Recipe
The wonderful part of this dip is that is truly is so simple and fresh, yet so flavorful with Asian inspired flavors and heat. The creamy texture is always fantastic especially when using white beans. Touches of sesame oil, fresh live, zesty garlic and your choice of chili sauce gives this creamy dip so many layers of flavor.
our blood orange tree is loaded with juicy fruits this year
On the gardening front, we’re finally catching up to some much needed digging and trimming. Over the last few weeks, we’ve been working slowly on adding cleaning and trimming all our citrus trees. Oro blanco, blood orange, bearss lime, meyer lemon and kishu mandarin all have their new “hair cuts”. We’re super excited to see all the new growth because that’s the first sign of Spring.
Hope your weather is warming up slowly for all our friends outside of Southern California!
diane and todd
This recipe was originally published in 2012 and re-published in 2019 with updated images and recipe.
Spicy Asian White Bean Dip
- 15 oz. (425 g) canned white beans (rinsed) , I prefer the creamy cannellini beans
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil , or more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) soy sauce ( or to taste)
- 1-2 Tablespoons (15-30 ml) sriracha hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 clove (1 clove) garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- crackers or fried crispy bread
- In blender, combine all ingredients (white beans, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, garlic, curry powder, water, and lime juice).
- Blend until smooth. If the dip is too thick, add additional olive oil. Taste the dip and add additional seasonings if desired.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, toasted bread or vegetables.