Mango Salsa Recipe & Garden Roses Haircut
As promised, “Voila!” the mango salsa recipe that toppled over our teriyaki burger post a few days ago. And we’re thrilled that we actually wrote about it, as promised, considering how behind we’ve been on everything else! The office is a mess, the bathrooms need cleaning and we have 2 other projects behind schedule, but at least we wrote out the mango salsa recipe!
Mango Salsa Recipe
splash of fresh lime juice is wonderful
Those teriyaki burgers were extra special we wanted a fruity accompaniment to the homemade teriyaki sauce that coated the patties. Mango salsa is just bitchen. Fresh, fruity, tangy, sweet and sour (if extra lime added) brings out the flavor of almost any burger. Definitely try the mango salsa on some grilled meat dishes or even as a side dish. It’s pretty, colorful, healthy, fresh and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. One of the favorite staff meals I (Todd) came up with for my crew where I used to manage was a pizza laden with mango salsa, chipotle, roasted potato slices, and smoked gouda cheese. Soooo good!
Our mango tree is settling in nicely with new flowers and hopefully, a ton of fruit this year! If it’s another good year, we’ll be swimming in more fresh mango salsa. But until then, we’ve still been lucky to find some great, juicy and sweet mangoes at our local Asian market.
ROSES******** ROSES *********and more ***********ROSES*****
As another promise, we told some twitter friends that we’d share some pictures of our favorite roses: our climbing eden rose. A conversation over twitter a few weeks ago led to fun geek-out rose talk with fellow twitter peeps and nice comments came to our little rose post.
Our pride & joy Eden climbing rose in it’s blooming glory:
Hair Cut! – Sad but looking forward to new blooms
Roses are dedicated to all service men and women today, Memorial Day
Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 large Mango , cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 Roma Tomato , seeds removed and cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Cilantro , or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh Lime Juice
- pinch Sea Salt , or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon sliced Green Onions ~ optional
- finely diced chilies ~ optional
- Combine all ingredients together (mango, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, salt, optional green onions, and optional chilies) and gently mix. Adjust individual ingredients to taste.
- Store covered in fridge until ready to use. Keeps about 3-4 days.