Easy, No Churn Creamy Caramel Macchiato Coffee Ice Cream
Here’s a quick and easy caramel macchiato ice cream recipe. It’s creamy and doesn’t require any churning.
Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Recipe
We all have our vices and I’m certainly not immune to reaching into my stash of food vices when I need a pick me up. A few years ago I wrote about my food confessions and it was such a pleasure to read everyone else’s junk food sweets. Let’s admit it, we all have our guilty pleasures and back in 2004 another one of my favorite treats was a caramel macchiato. Grande size, please.
When I had my busy portrait photography studio, we’d be immersed in photographing and printing family portraits. Todd would be on the photo printer machine and I’d be tending to the screaming babies all dolled-up in their latest osh kabosh fashions. After a few hours of high energy photography, I’d escape to get my caramel macchiato fix.
For a several years, I’d still crave that sweet, creamy, caramel flavor when we’d be on camping trips or on travel. Those flavors still stay with me because they bring back memories of work and play in a very positive way. Fast forward about 10 years later I’m reminded of my love for caramel macchiato when Coffee-mate reached out to share this memory. And what perfect timing because I’ve been wanting to share this wonderful no-churn ice cream recipe with you all!
It’s ridiculous how creamy, easy and delicious this caramel macchiato coffee ice cream is. It’s almost shameful because we don’t even use an ice cream maker. Just a few ingredients along with Coffee-Mate Caramel Macchiato flavored creamer and within a few hours you get an amazing ice cream sensation. After a few bites (or licks), you wonder where this has been all your life.
I ask myself that same question every time I eat a bowl: where has this crazy good and easy ice cream been hiding all these years?
Thanks to Coffee-mate for helping me dig-deep in my favorite memories to rekindle this love for caramel macchiato. I’m forever hooked. Best of all, Coffee-mate has a ton of other fun and playful flavored creamers for you to amp up your next batch of easy ice cream: Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie, Classic Vanilla and so many others. Gosh, the Coffee-mate flavor possibilities are endless for ice cream. But definitely try this caramael macchiato flavor because it holds a special place in my heart.
Todd loves his ice cream! My adoration for caramel macchiato is alive and well, especially when I’m craving this super easy ice cream. Even beyond ice cream, I’m enjoying this flavor as a simple sweetener in desserts and even a little splash in my tofu milk is quite tasty!
Thanks to the folks at Coffee-mate and for this recipe collaboration so that I’m able to create this recipe for you all to enjoy! All opinions are our own.
Easy, No Churn Creamy Caramel Macchiato Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coffee-mate Caramel Macchiato flavored creamer (liquid creamer)
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) instant coffee granules
- caramel syrup (for drizzling)
- In large mixing bowl of stand-mixer or in a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, add all the ingredients: heavy whipping cram, sweetened condensed milk, Coffee-mate Caramel Macchiato flavored creamer, coffee granules.
- Whip the heavy cream mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form (to prevent massive splattering, start out at a slower speed and as the cream thickens, increase the speed). Be careful not to over mix or "break" the whip cream mixture.
- Pour half the whipped mixture into a freezer safe container. Drizzle with some caramel syrup. Pour remaining half of mixture and top with another drizzle of caramel syrup. Cover and freeze for about 4-5 hours. In about 3-4 hours you can have a "soft serve" type ice cream. If you prefer a more firm texture, freeze for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.(optional) top with additional caramel syrup when serving or add fresh fruit (to make it a little healthier). Ha!