Blackberry Tom Collins cocktail
This blackberry Tom Collins recipe was one of our first recipe posts back in 2008 and still remain one of our favorite drinks. We’ve added a new video and step-by-step photos. This blackberry cocktail is basically a blackberry version of the classic Tom Collins cocktail, similar to a blackberry bramble.
What is a Tom Collins Cocktail?
It’s a classic refreshing drink made of gin, lemon juice, sugar or simple syrup and club soda or carbonated soda water. Our blackberry Tom Collins is a fruitier version made with muddled fresh blackberries. That’s it! The natural sweetness and flavor of the fresh blackberries is fantastic. Combined with the gin, lemon juice, sugar and club soda is a perfect drink to have poolside or for any outdoor gathering. It’s fresh and fruity without being too sweet.
Video: Blackberry Tom Collins Cocktail Recipe
Meeting Jen and Jeremy and Sharing This Cocktail
This Blackberry Tom Collins recipe post is dedicated to Miss Kaweah, the sweet and lucky black lab that gets to hike, romp and swim in Colorado’s outrageously amazing wilderness. She’s at a summer puppy camp now, enjoying a little break away from her parents at Use Real Butter. Everyone knows that Jen’s super duper fine photography skills keep us drooling over her delicious Asian dishes and picture perfect sweet desserts.
So when they decided to take some time out during their California trip to stop by our place, it was time to finally meet them face to face, to let them know EXACTLY what we thought of them after some good eats and intoxicating cocktails. We all just squealed out our greetings, hugged and held back a little tears (well, Diane did).Jen & Jeremy are the real deal: they’re smart, fun, funny, totally down to earth, sincere , loving and one of the best couples we’ve met.
We ate so much food during this visit! For the beverages we made lots of Vietnamese iced coffee and this awesome blackberry Tom Collins cocktail. We had such a memorable afternoon with such awesome people.
-Todd and Diane
Blackberry Tom Collins Cocktail
- 3 large Blackberries
- 1/2 ounce (15ml) fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Sugar or 1/2 oz. simple syrup, or to taste
- 2 ounces (60ml) Gin
- 3-4 ounces (90-120ml) Club Soda
Cocktail Goodies & Barware:
We are obsessed with sexy barware and cocktail supplies. A great bar setup doesn’t need a lot of supplies, but having a few quality tools adds that a classiness and bit of swagger to that evening cocktail. Choose your favorite style and create a set around them. Here’s are a some of our favorites:
- Nick & Nora and Coupe Glassware: Easily our favorite styles of cocktail glassware. Classic & timeless. Beautiful for any shaken cocktail and great to drink out of. If we were forced to only have one style of glassware for a shaken cocktail, give us a Nick & Nora or a coupe. Perfect for any martini or paper plane cocktail.
- Double Old Fashioned Glasses – Especially ones with clean cuts & solid feel like this one
- Japanese Style Ice Pick – Perfect for breaking down large ice
- Bell Jiggers – Easily our favorite style jigger
- Bitters Bottles – If you make bitters, you need a beautiful bottles
- Hawthorne Strainers – Our favorite style of strainers
- Wooden Muddler – A must for using fresh herbs & berries
- Mixing Glass – For muddling magic