Today is truly an American Day.
We’ve been on a bit of a cocktail kick lately, with two back to back cocktail posts. But adding this third cocktail drink to the queue is quite appropriate for today, to celebrate this momentous day, for President Barack Obama.
To this new administration and the incredible man, President Barack Obama, who has given hope to millions, and of whom we look to for the future leadership of this marvelous nation, we’ve created a cocktail toast to you. Cheers, Mr. President. Salute, Gan Bei, Kanpai, Che Loong, Salud, Prost, and in every language to man, “Cheers!” May you lead up forward with strength and unity.
More Cocktail REcipes
The Obamatini Cocktail Recipe
Yield: 1 cocktail
Total Time: 5 Minutes
This Obamatini cocktail commemorating President Barack Obama, incorporates a few of the qualities of our 44th President. Pineapple juice from his home in Hawaii, the brightness of lime reflects the brightness of his intelligence, and the spice of chili to mirror this fire.
- 3 ounces (90ml) Pineapple Juice
- 2 ounces (60ml) Gin
- 3/4 ounce (20ml) fresh Lime Juice
- 3/4 ounce (20ml) Simple Syrup
- 1/4 - 1/2 Serrano or Thai Chili
- dash Angostura Bitters
- Add ingredients into a shaker, crush the chili inside of the shaker. Add ice, then shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with a lemon twist, raise it to your dreams, and drink.
Note 1: A basic simple syrup is a 1:1 ratio of sugar dissolved in water. example- One cup sugar dissolved in one cup of water. We usually make larger batches and keep on hand in the refrigerator.