We’re still buzzed with energy from last week’s Food Blog Camp at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Mexico. There was plenty of beach time, pool hopping, margarita sipping and dancing at gorgeous Grand Velas Resort. Like we mentioned before, Food Blog Camp is a yearly event that we consider to be a workshop-vacation, or vice versa.
There’s always plenty of laughter, great conversation, good food and new friendships forged in Food Blog Camp events. These are just some of the highlights of the wonderful food blogging community coming together to share and learn from one another.
It’s always an honor for us to be invited to participate on the speaker panel along with our friends Adam, David, Elise, Jaden and Matt. These folks are not only so skilled and successful in their craft, but they’re so generous in more ways than we can count. They’re good people and to know them is to love them.
More highlights of the workshops was being able to meet so many great bloggers in the community, some established and many new to blogging. It’s such a treat to be able to know and finally meet great people face to face and to pass on bear hugs in person!
This year was packed with hands-on workshops on food photography, food styling and seminars on SEO, Branding, Monetizing and other essential blogging topics. We presented two hands on sessions on photography and it was so exciting to be able to share our knowledge with all the attendees, cameras in hand. These workshops and sessions are the core to what make Food Blog Camp so informative and valuable. All the extra food demo’s, beach time and cocktails are what make the Food Blog Camp so fun and of course, entertaining.
We put together a little video to highlight some events of the week. Included are some talents of our dancing bloggers.
Nancy from Acommunaltable.com , chooses pastries for her photo shoot
Kent, the photographer/husband of SallyCameron.com stayed busy during the photo workshops
Thank you everyone for a terrific week of friendship. See you next year!
More fun Food Blog Camp write-ups!
- Food Blogger Camp (David Lebovitz)
- Food Blog Camp Re-Cap (Deliciously Organic)
- Food Blogger Camp 2011 (Kitchen Corners)
- Food Blogger Camp Photos (Flickr)
- Food Blog Camp: Seeing the Light (Confections of a Foodie Bride)
- The Greatest Job in the World (Confections of a Foodie Bride)
- Food Blog Camp-Cancun (What’s Gaby Cooking?)
- Food Blog Camp! ¡Hola! México! Part Uno (Kitchen Conundrum)
- Food Blog Camp 2011 (Mommy Cooks!)
- Food Blog Camp: Hello from Mexico! (Daily Nibbles)
- What I learned…Food Blogger Camp 2011 (A Communal Table)
- Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Food Blog Camp 2010 (Adventures of an Amateur Foodie)
- Hola from Riviera Maya (Savuryandsweet)
- If You’re Happy and You Know it, Eat Foie Gras (FRANtastic Food)
- Food Blogger Camp Riviera Maya (Family Fresh Cooking)
- 10 Lessons Learned from Food Blog Camp 2011 (Food Woolf)
- Pool Time! Video (Matt Bites)
- Community Across the Globe: Food Blog Camp 2011 (The Urban Baker)