Lemon Pepper Chicken with Cream Sauce
Skillet chicken cooked with lemon pepper seasonings and served with a cream sauce is a fantastic simple meal. There’s so many ways to serve this awesome dinner.
Lemon Pepper Chicken
As you already know, we’re obsessed with citrus. It’s such a versatile fruit that fills our garden and kitchen all year round. From cocktails to sauces and cooking, we eat and drink citrus every day. This lemon pepper chicken is a result of our obsession, especially when we’re needing a simple dinner. All cooked in a skillet, this is a favorite weeknight meal that always hits the spot. The bright and amazing flavors of our lemon cream sauce is another awesome recipe in itself. You can use it on veggies, for dipping or eggs. Yes, this lemon pepper sauce is awesome on poached eggs, scrambled or anytime you need a breakfast or brunch sauce.
Video: Skillet Chicken with Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce
Serve it Low Carb (Keto) or with Pasta
When we’re really hungry, we’ll serve this lemon pepper chicken with pasta. It’s a fresh way to enjoy pasta and sauce with bright flavors of lemon juice. Sometimes we’ll have a few slices of grilled bread and just dip it into the sauce while eating the chicken. There’s lots of options to enjoy this as a low carb or hearty meal. Regardless of how you serve it, we guarantee it’ll be on your regular rotation. It’s too easy to not want to make and the flavors will make you crave more of the lemon pepper cream sauce. If you have a few lemons lying around that need to be used, make the sauce! It’s worth making an extra batch of to save for later. You won’t regret it.
diane and todd
Chicken in Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds (910g) boneless skinless chicken breasts , sliced thin (or chicken thighs)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- black pepper
- (Optional) smoked paprika , to taste
- (Optional) ground cumin , to taste
For Lemon Pepper Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic , minced or crushed
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream (NOT the same as half and half)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- salt , to taste
- cracked black pepper , to taste
- 3 Tablespoons minced parsley , optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Season all sides of chicken with salt and pepper. (Optional) Season with sprinkle of paprika and/or ground cumin. Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter to skillet and melt. Add the chicken and sear both sides until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- When chicken is browned, remove it from the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium heat, and melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant. Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, Worcestershire, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon pepper seasoning. Whisk the sauce until completely combined. Taste the sauce and add additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet. Place the skillet in the oven and bake the chicken for about 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (timing will vary depending on the size and cut of your chicken).
- After the chicken is cooked through, garnish with optional parsley. Serve the chicken with the lemon sauce over rice, pasta or noodles. Serve with cooked pasta , noodles, rice, steamed veggies or soft bread to soak up all the delicious sauce!