Carbonated Negroni and More Cocktails to Celebrate a Great Year
Gosh, time flies. Another year has passed in a blink and many thoughts wizz through our heads. The people, friends, clients, laughs, tears and so many more moments helped define our year as …. amazing. It isn’t just the everyday work that anchors this year as truly memorable, but the new friendships forged and old relationships that we hold close.
As we reminisce on precious moments, we can’t deny that you all have had an incredible impact on our lives. We’ve always said that our blog is a hobby and takes up about 15% of our time. The rest is working with clients on numerous projects that we enjoy tremendously. But it’s this happy blog place that we look forward to coming back to when we can.
Sometimes we’ll go a while without updating or sharing a new recipe. That’s when we realize how much we miss the creativity and the conversations we have with you all, our dear readers. So to thank you all, we’ll be toasting and drinking to you for another awesome year passing and new journeys ahead. We’re really looking forward to what the new year brings with stories, recipes and daily tidbits of life.
Hope you all have a safe and fabulous New Year’s. To help be a part of your celebrations, here’s some of our favorite cocktails that we’ll be mixing up to ring in the new year:
We’ve shared quite a collection of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for friends for the years. Here’s the complete list of cocktails and beverages for all types of folks to enjoy. There’s something for everyone here.
We made a Video: The most amazing Negroni Cocktail we had at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac:
One of our favorite cocktail moments of 2015 was a few weeks ago in Quebec City at 1608 Wine & Cheese Bar in Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. This isn’t your everyday carbonated Bianco Negroni cocktail. Watch how dehydrated grapefruit adorns the outside glass and carbonation is added to give this drink the perfect amount of effervescence. The last brush of grapefruit zest essence makes this the best Negroni we’ve ever tasted. Thanks Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts for partnering with us and for sharing your recipe! This is just a sneak peak. Well have more stories and cocktail recipes from our trip to come in 2016.
Happy New Year All!
-todd and diane
Carbonated Bianco Negroni Cocktail
- 1 ounce (30ml) Botanist gin
- 1 ounce (30ml) Dolin Bianco vermouth
- 1/2 ounce (15ml) Campari
- 1/4 ounce (7ml) Aperol
- simple syrup , for misting cocktail glass
- ground dehydrated pink grapefruit peel
- fresh grapefruit zest , for garnish
- Mist the glass with simple syrup. Dust the glass with the dehydrated grapefruit peel. Set aside.
- In a mixing glass filled with ice, stir together the gin, vermouth, campari, and aperol until chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into an iSi siphon, and then pressurize the siphon with a cartridge, which makes the cocktail sparkling.
- Release the pressure and then pour into the prepared cocktail glass. Twist the fresh grapefruit zest over the cocktail and rub the stem of the glass to release the oils onto the glass. Enjoy.