Please, don’t cringe at the name of this cocktail. Give me a chance to quickly explain this fabulous drink to you before you frown at the thought of a spicy cocktail (for those of you spice hounds who are already drooling, please immediately proceed to the recipe and mix yourself a few glasses!) I’ve always appreciated drinks of all sorts. From sweet, pretty, fruity concoctions that make me giggle like a girl to straight from the bottle whiskey that almost grows hairs on my chest, I enjoy them all.
It all started during my six big days of eating and drinking at the Club Med Food and Wine Festival in Ixtapa, Mexico with Jaden. Every day was fabulous and filled with mixology demonstrations from some of the finest bartenders in Mexico. Our thirsty group of Jaden, Kim, Kate , Morgan and Jay I took advantage of every sample and sip that was offered to us. We’re all adventurous folks and accepting of anything inebriating, especially when it was all free! But the most memorable one was the chili martini cocktail infused with a healthy dose of fresh serrano chili.
I’ve had many cocktails in my days, but never anything with spicy, chili undertones. This was like a revelation, it rocked my cocktail world.
The first fruity sip of peach and hint of chili blended together nicely, but after that, it was magic. The slow, smooth tinge of serrano chili heat that flowed down my throat afterward was warming, exciting and delicious. The slightly grassy/fruity blend of the serrano heat, coupled with the sweet nectar of the peach juice was just so different, but satisfying and addicting. Of course, you can add just as much heat as you like, but a little bit of chili goes a long way. We’ve made it with red thai chili’s as well and the results are just as wonderful. Use what ever chili you wish!
I was perfectly happy with the amount of blend spicy and fruity balance of the chili cocktail martini. There wasn’t too much heat to make me uncomfortable nor to put my mouth on fire, but just enough to make me always CRAVE a chili martini. Besides, a girl should never stop adding a bit of spice to her life!
Chili Martini Cocktail Recipe
Yield: 1 Cocktail
Total Time: 5 Minutes
**Warning- start with a little bit of chili first because each chili’s level of spiciness varies. Continue to add more chilies to your liking.
- 1 chili, serrano or Thai ( or more to your heat preference)
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 2 oz peach or nectarine juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Clean the chilies and remove the seeds. Muddle the chilies with simply syrup and Vodka.
- Drain liquid in shaker and then add fruit juice.
- Shake well with ice.
- Serve in martini glass. Garnish with chili on rim. For a sweeter treat, sugar the rim .
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you. And remember in making the recipes, if using table salt instead of kosher or sea salt, make sure you reduce the salt amount.
Basti, the fabulous chili martini bartender
More cocktails recipes that you might enjoy:
- Pina Colada – rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream
- Blackberry Tom Collins – blackberries, gin, club soda
- Champagne Cooler – champagne, cognac, triple sec
- American Flyer cocktail – champagne, rum, lime juice
- Curacao “Island Taxi” – rum, curacao, orange/lime juice
- Limoncello “So Cal Sunrise” – limoncello, blood orange/lime juice
- Blood Orange “Midnight Ride” – cognac, triple sec, blood orange juice
- Mango Margarita – tequila, triple sec, mango puree
- Apple Sidecar – calvados, lemon juice, apple cider
- Classic Sidecar – cognac, triple sec, lemon juice
- Pomegranate Cosmo – vodka, triple sec, pomegranate juice
- Between the Sheets – cognac, rum, lemon juice
- Margarita – tequila, triple sec, lime juice