15 minute Smoked Oyster Dip (No Bake)- Inspiration from an Oyster Farm
If you enjoy smoked oysters with crackers, this simple dip is a game changer. Within 15 minutes you have flavorful appetizer to share. Don’t forget to serve this party-perfect dip with your favorite bubbly.
Easy Smoked Oyster Dip Recipe
We’ve always been a fan of dips but this flavorful version was never really on our go-to radar until we visited Hama Hama Oyster Farm. Our reunion trip to the Pacific Northwest and Olympic National park was inspiring in so many ways. From hiking gorgeous trails in the Olympics to eating local seafood, this was definitely a memorable lifetime trip. We stumbled upon Hami Hami on an exploration day and had a taste of their smoked oyster dip. It’s was a first and definitely not the last. WOW, the flavors of their oyster dip was incredible and the only thing missing was a glass of sparkling wine. We’re totally familiar with the rage over smoked oysters with ritz crackers, our dip recipe takes this obsession to a whole new level. We immediate headed to the kitchen when we returned home and whipped up our own batch of this fantastic party dip.
Video: Watch how to make Smoked Oyster Dip
Best Dip to Serve with Champagne or Sparkling Wine
Looking for a great dip to pair with a bubbly or Sparkling Wine? This is a fantastic one. The flavors of the smoked oysters pairs wonderfully with your favorite Proseco, Cava or Champagne. Add your favorite crackers and some vegetable crudite to complete this amazing appetizer. The safe ratio for this dip is to use just one can of smoked oysters. But we’re flavor-obsessed and tested it with 2 cans, which is definitely for satisfying for us. But you can start with one can and if you feel that you want more flavor, add a second can.
Smoked Oyster Dip
- 3.75 oz. (106 g) canned smoked oysters , drained (or more to taste *see headnote)
- 8 oz. (227 g) cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- Zest of 1 medium Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground chipotle , or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) cayenne , or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt , or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Capers , or to taste
- Combine everything but the capers in a bowl (smoked oysters, cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, smoked paprika, dill, chipotle &/or cayenne, salt, and pepper).
- With the back of a spoon, smash & stir the oysters & flavorings into the cream cheese until everything is combined evenly.
- Gently stir in the capers. Transfer to a serving dish. Chill until ready to serve.
Enjoy more of our Dip Recipes Here: