Hello & Chaò, we’re Todd and Diane. Welcome to our world of food, photography, travel, gardening and life with our beloved pups: Sierra, the White Boxer and Lexi, the energetic Rhodesian Ridgeback. Lexi wasn’t born yet when we made the above video, but we’re hoping to make a new one soon. And who is Dante, whom this video was dedicated to? He was our first pup, a loving and devoted Rhodesian Ridgeback. He gave us 11 years of un-conditional love and taught us so much about life that we will never forget.
By day we’re full time commercial/editorial food, travel & lifestyle photographers, creative directors and filmmakers. And we’re very busy cooks too. By night or on weekends, we work on our blog here, which is our happy little creative space. Our food blog here is a small slice of life that allows us to get away from our busy photography careers to just escape and connect with wonderful friends around the world. It’s our delicious creative outlet.
Fueled by our love of local culture, people & rich heritage, we document powerful stories from around the world. Wether on assignment travel or working in our photography and event studio, we feel so lucky to be doing what we love.
We believe in celebrating kind people, good food, great conversation, green gardening and traveling. Our lives have always been about love, family, friends and sharing. Connecting with people through food, sharing stories and supporting one another to live our dreams is what inspires us to publish this blog.
Memories from our childhoods inspires us to cook, consume and create what you see here on our personal blog. Todd was born and raised on a cattle ranch in Elgin, Oregon and Diane was born in Da-Nang, Viet-Nam. Although our backgrounds are vastly different, we know that what we have in common far outweigh our differences. After 20 years together, we’re always continuing to evolve together as husband/wife and professional colleagues.
This site is our outlet to share our love of food, cooking, travel , adventure and friendship. Welcome and nice to meet you.
We’re based out of Los Angeles/Orange County , California.
We wrote a cookbook called Bountiful . And washed every single dirty dish ourselves.
Our Photography & Work:
Visit our portfolio of professional photography, film & cookbook photography :TDPhotographers.com
By day we stay busy in our photo/multimedia studio and freelance on assignment. Clients include Taco Bell, Food & Wine Magazine, Fine Cooking Magazine, Thermador, KitchenAid, Nestle, Williams Sonoma, Whole Foods, Sunset Magazine. Partial client list here.
Food Photography/Styling Workshops and Education:
- Click Here for Our Latest Workshop Dates: Food Photography and Styling Workshop
- Visit our main Workshop Website Here.
Speaking events and presentations at industry conferences/workshops:
- Food Blog Forum, Orlando Florida 2015, Food photography
- CreativeLive 2014, Seattle CA. Food Photography & Natural Food styling, 3 day workshop.
- Food Blog Forum 2014, Food photography/food styling, Asheville, North Carolina
- BlogHer Food 2013, Mobile Photography , Austin, Texas
- IACP , Video Storytelling, San Francisco 2013
- Food Blog Forum 2013 , Food Photography & Food Video, Orlando, Florida
- BlogHer PRO 2012, San Francisco – Welcome Keynote Address: Bringing your best, authentic self to your business
- BlogHer Annual 2012, NYC – Photo editing techniques
- EVO- Evolution of Women in Multimedia 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah – Mobile photography & Food Photography/Food Styling
- BlogHer Food 2012, Seattle: Keynote – Storytelling : Sharing your unique food story
- Food Blog Forum, Orlando, FL 2012: Sharing your unique photographic story, voice & food styling, photo editing
- Blissdom 2012, Nashville: Storytelling and Embracing Imperfection: Empower Your Visual Voice with Photography and Video
- Creative Connection 2011, MN : Finding your voice & Story telling through multimedia, Food Photography and Food Styling
- Evolution of Women in Multimedia 2011, Utah: Portrait Photography, Food Photography/Styling
- Boston University 2011 : International Food Photography & Styling Conference: Video & Film Workshop
- IACP, Austin, TX 2011 : Let there be light! Lighting & Photography
- USC Creative Careers: University of Southern California, Los Angeles CA : Online publishing, blogging and integrating social media to achieving your online career
- USC Creative Careers 2010: Achieving Success & Values in your career
- Techmunch, Los Angeles 2011 : Video and Storytelling
- Cancun Mexico, 2011: Food Blogger Camp : Hands on workshops for food photography, lifestyle and photojournalism.
- London, 2011 : Food Blogger Connect: Finding Your Niche
- Food Blog Forum, Nashville, TN 2011 : Storytelling, Food Photography & Food Styling
- USC Creative Careers 2011: University of Southern California, Los Angeles CA : Online publishing, blogging and integrating social media to achieving your online career
- USC Creative Careers 2010: Achieving Success & Values in your career
- The Art of Food and Light Workshop, Boulder, CO 2010, 2011- Natural and artificial light workflow, food styling and hands-on workshop
- Blog World and New Media Expo, Las Vegas 2010– Food Photography
- BlogHer Food Conference 2010, San Francisco, CA – Food Photography for Food Bloggers
- Food Blogger Camp 2010, Ixtapa Mexico : Multimedia Presentation- integrating video, podcasts and other forms of new multimedia to building your best blog
- Food Blog Forum, Los Angeles, CA 2010– Food Photography, Workflow and Equipment
- Food Blog Forum, Atlanta, Georgia 2010– Food Styling, Food Photography
- BlogHer Food Conference 2009, San Francisco, CA – Principles of Photography
Sampling of Blog Press, Interviews & other mentions:
- Food and Wine Magazine’s picks as one of the Best Cookbooks of 2013, Bountiful Cookbook
- Sunset Magazine: Editors picks as one of the Best cookbooks of 2013, Bountiful Cookbook
- Amazon Editors Picks as one of the Best Cookbooks of 2013, Bountiful Cookbook
- More mention and press for our Bountiful Cookbook ,
- Cooking Channel Foodography Show- Todd & Diane’s International BBQ episode
- Los Angeles Times article and Video – Banh Mi : Vietnamese Street Food with a French and SoCal Twist
- NPR Radio – KCRW Good Food interview: show interview with Evan Kleinman
- Sunset Magazine- Feb. 2011 issue- Double feature about our garden and home recipes
- Smithsonian – Eat Your Carrot Greens
- Orange County Register – Couple create a virtual culinary career
We love hearing from all of you!
But with the flood of emails that we get on a daily basis, we are unable to answer each and every inquiry. That’s great to send us a quick line and “hello!” but if you’re expecting an answer, please know we try to best to respond and it won’t be right away.
If it’s a recipe, technique or ingredient related question, please ask it on the comment section of the post so that everyone can benefit from the information. We like to share all recipe related questions to all our readers.
Email: Contact us at “td (@) whiteonricecouple (dot) com”
White On Rice Couple is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to WhiteOnRiceCouple.com . This website also has partnerships with other independent online retailers through affiliate links that allow readers to purchase merchandise mentioned or recommended through WhiteOnRiceCouple.com . The small amount of comission that is generated through those affiliate partnerships are used to maintain this website and help pay for groceries for all the great recipes!