Our cooking videos have finally made it to the computer screen!! (applause) After months of “coming soon”, many of you have questioned if it was ever going to be a reality! After all this tease and much laziness on our part, here is our first installment in our cooking video series.
Warning, View with Caution!!! The editing process took place early this morning at 2 am, after a long days work, a glass of Zinfandel and how appropriate, three Midnight Ride Cocktails.
Taiwanese Cabbage Sauté Recipe
Yield: Serves 2-4
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Taiwanese cabbage is a flat and sweet discovery, if you’re lucky to find it at an Asian Market. Growing your own Taiwanese cabbage is also a possibility by buying seeds at www.EvergreenSeeds.com. For vegetarians, just omit the bacon. This can be eaten as a low carb, main course or as a side dish.
- About 3 slices bacon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 -3 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2-3 shallots, minced or 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- fresh herbs: mint, cilantro, parsley or basil
- Heat pan, add cut bacon. When bacon is cooked to your preference, remove from oil and set aside. If you are not using bacon, add sesame seed oil to hot pan.
- Add shallots/onions and garlic. Cook till crispy and fragrant. Add chopped cabbage, toss to coat with oil/shallots/garlic. Add black pepper & soy sauce. Cook for about 30 seconds till cabbage begins to soften.
- Add egg and mix with cabbage. Cook for about another minute , or until cabbage is cooked.
- Toss with fresh herbs of choice.
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you. And remember in making the recipes, if using table salt instead of kosher or sea salt, make sure you reduce the salt amount.
More Videos coming “soon” and beyond…Promise!
Answering our last two Tags from More Than Burnt Toast & Arundati (4 tags total already…no more, please! We’ve already given too much about ourselves away – have to maintain some bit of mystery with all of you !)
Our “Other People’s Pantry” submission to Lydia’s The Perfect Pantry. Yes, you’ll get to see our whole pantry on video!
Spring Garden Tour – Wanna see all our carrots and beets?
And of course, lots more food!
Any suggestions? We’re taking viewer suggestions of what you would like to see.