All right folks, hold on tight because you’re going to be blown away at how amazing these sriracha chicken wings are. If you’re a lover of Sriracha hot sauce, or any sriracha brand of hot sauce for that matter, these chicken wings will fly off your platter. The first test batch of these sriracha chicken wings almost disappeared within seconds of coming out of the oven. We literally inhaled eight of these chicken wings in 3 minutes because the sriracha sauce was so good. So good. So finger-licking-good.
Sriracha chicken wing sauce is so good, dip anything in it!
We’re lovers of spice and with New Year’s Eve and all the football games coming up, we needed to spike our already popular crispy asian chicken wings with a little more sweet sriracha heat. We set out to create a buffalo wing (or hot wing, chicken wing, or call it what you want) sauce with our different bottles of sriracha hot sauce.
Yes, there are many different bottles of sriracha hot sauce and we have about 5 different bottles sitting in our pantry, waiting to be coated over chicken wings. And if you’re ambitious like we are about the flair of spicy foods, you can make your own sriracha style chili hot sauce to add to this chicken wing sauce.
The most well known sriracha style hot sauce sauce is the Rooster Brand sriracha hot sauce by Huy Fong and we used this familiar green topped bottle for the sauce. Balanced with some ketchup, vinegar and the fresh golden char of onions and garlic, this sauce it to die for or fight for. The tangy, sweet, vinegary, gentle heat of this sriracha chicken wing sauce is just amped up with enough spice to keep your heart rate up and running for more. For more heat pleasure, just add more sriracha hot sauce!
We’ll be attending a big New Year’s party and can you already tell what our potluck contribution is? A huge platter of these sriracha chicken wings will be ready and waiting for the masses of party goers!
Happy New Year! diane and todd More related recipes that you might enjoy: Here’s the complete list of our chicken wing recipes. Homemade Sriracha style chili garlic hot sauce Creamy Sriracha – Spicy Sriracha hot sauce mayo
Sriracha Chicken Wings Recipe
Yield: Serves 2-3.
Total Time: 1 hour
Chicken wings can be prepared in different ways to achieve their crispness: fried or baked, with flour or not. To make them extra crisp, you can pre-poach (or pre-boil) them first to render off any excess fat. Visit this write up on different ways to prepare chicken wings. This recipe shows a baked technique, but you can certainly fry the wings to make them crispy.
Best of all, this recipe doesn't have any butter and it's *healthier* and still delicious!
- about 2 pounds chicken wings,tips removed
- kosher or sea salt and pepper to season the wings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- about 1 small onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce or any chili hot sauce (or more for a spicier sauce)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or soy sauce (choose fish sauce, it tastes better!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On baking sheet, spread chicken wings out in one even layer (we don't coat our wings with oil before baking, but you can if you want. We find that the oil just makes the wings greasier. The wings release enough fat already). Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes until golden brown. Flip the wings halfway through baking, after the first 25 minutes.
- Heat sauce pan on medium-high heat, then add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add onion and garlic. Continue stirring the onions and garlic until they are golden brown, but not burnt. Allowing the onions and garlic to reach a golden brown stage will bring out the extra fragrance and flavor. Then add ketchup, sriracha hot sauce, vinegar, fish/soy sauce and ground cumin.
- Stir well and let simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. After chicken wings have finished baking, toss wings in sauce. Serve warm, although these still taste great when they're cold!
- And oh, don't forget the beer!