It’s super exciting to announce this: We’ve been a little busy on a secret web project and though we’re still working out all the technical kinks, we can share it now. Welcome to our new crazy little blog called Chicken Recipe Box! There’s a huge handful of reasons why we’re doing this, so you can head over to our About page to ready why.
Our love for cooking and eating chicken and eggs has no end. We’d probably drive you all nuts here on the WORC blog with chicken recipes and how to videos, so we decided to create a special site dedicated to our love of chicken. It’ll be chock full of everyday, simple comfort foods, along with unique twists on classics to delicious international recipes. And best of all, we’re going to have a ton of How To Videos and recipe videos on our favorite classics. So hopefully you all can stop by Chicken Recipe Box for a visit and keep checking back everyday for new recipes and videos!
To continue celebrating our love for chicken, chicken wings and the upcoming Super bowl, we’re sharing a fantastic recipe for honey mustard chicken wings. We’re always addicted to different types of sauces and continually making homemade variations of our favorites and honey mustard is on top of our list. Tangy sweet, sticky and wonderful this is the sauce to have for honey mustard lovers.
The fun part about making chicken wings is that you can use different cooking techniques. We wrote about different ways to cook wings and how to make them healthier on our chicken recipe box site. Though everyone sauces them differently, either before baking or after or both, it’s great to be able to have options on preparing them. The great thing about baking them before saucing is that you can easily make multiple sauces, and toss the chicken wings in whichever one the devourer prefers. For the fire-tongues, our Sriracha Chicken Wing sauce almost always needs to be present at our gatherings.
We even have a “healthy” version where you can pre-poach or pre-steam the wings before baking, which helps render much of the excess fat. During the next few weeks we’ll also be sharing some really low fat chicken buffalo wing recipes that doesn’t have butter! You can still enjoy the wings without the guilt.
Hope you enjoy the honey mustard wings and our new site. Any feedback you guys have is much appreciated!
diane and todd
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
Yield: Serves 6
Total Time: 1 hour
Chicken wings can be prepared in different ways to achieve their crispness: fried or baked, with flour or not. To make them extra crisp, you can pre-poach (or pre-boil) them first to render off any excess fat. Visit this write up on different ways to prepare chicken wings. This recipe shows a baked technique, but you can certainly fry the wings to make them crispy.
- 2-3 lbs Chicken Wings, rinsed & patted dry
- Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Mustard, whichever your preferred type - Regular, Deli, Whole Grain, Dijon, etc...
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- fresh cracked Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper.
- On baking sheet, spread chicken wings out in one even layer (we don't coat our wings with oil before baking, but you can if you want. We find that the oil just makes the wings greasier. The wings release enough fat already). Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes until golden brown. Flip the wings halfway through baking, after the first 25 minutes.
- While the wings bake, make the sauce (this can even be done a day or two ahead of time if you prefer-just warm before tossing wings.) Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. If necessary, re-warm just before tossing wings in sauce.
- After wings are done, toss them with the sauce in a large bowl. Serve with plenty of napkins.