- White on Rice Couple - http://whiteonricecouple.com -
Butternut Squash and Apple Casserole – Clean Food
Posted By Todd & Diane On December 16, 2009 @ 10:35 am In Cookbooks,Food,Gluten Free,Markets, Farmers Markets,Recipes,Vegetables,Vegetarian Recipes | 20 Comments
Butternut Squash and Apple Casserole Recipe
adapted from Clean Food by Terry Walters
This butternut squash recipe is really light and flavorful, very little oil is used. The juice of the baked apples will release will release while baking. If the squash on the top of the casserole begins to dry out, just gently stir the casserole to evenly coat the squash during mid-bake. The natural juices will help the squash cook.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Combine squash, apples and onions in a large bowl.
3. In small bowl, whisk together apple cider/juice, oil and syrup. (I also infused some sliced onions in this juice). Pour half the mixture into the apples and squash, combine well.
4. In baking dish, pour in squash and apple combination. Pour rest of mixture over the squash, top with almonds.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 45 min. to 1 hour or until tender. Serves 4-6.
Article printed from White on Rice Couple: http://whiteonricecouple.com
URL to article: http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/butternut-squash-recipe/