- White on Rice Couple - http://whiteonricecouple.com -
Salmon Corn Cakes Recipe – Leftover Medley
Posted By Todd & Diane On July 4, 2008 @ 1:17 am In Food | 43 Comments
1 lb Cooked Salmon
1/2 c Cooked Fresh Corn
1/4 c Shallots, diced medium
3 T Italian Parsley, finely chopped
1 Egg, beaten
3 T unsalted Butter, melted
1 T Fresh Ginger, grated
1 t Paprika
1 t Soy Sauce
1 t Sea Salt
1/2 c Fresh Bread Crumbs
oil for frying
1. Combine everything except bread crumbs. Add 1/4 c of bread crumbs and reserve the rest. Gently mix together so that salmon breaks up a bit, but still has decent chunks.
2. Form mix into patties, pressing together firmly. If needed add a little more bread crumbs to help everything stay together.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Gently dredge patties in remaining bread crumbs, then place into skillet. Cook each side until it is golden brown, (about 3 minutes each side) (Turning these can be a delicate operation. It helps to use two spatulas at the same time to prevent the cakes from breaking apart.)
4. Drain on paper towels, squeeze some lemon over, and enjoy.
Article printed from White on Rice Couple: http://whiteonricecouple.com
URL to article: http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/appetizer-recipes/salmon-and-corn-cakes-leftover-recipes/