The linen giveaway has ended and congratulations to Julie, commenter #95 for winning the linens!
Summer 2011 is going to be exciting for us again in beautiful Boulder, Colorado!
Our good friend, fabulous photographer, bad-ass skier and doggie lover Jen Yu from Use Real Butter & founder of Food & Light invited us back for another intensive 2 day workshop!
This years instructor roster also includes another dear friend, person, father, husband, charcuterie meister and amazing photographer Matt Wright from Wright Food.
We’re banding together, four of us, to share and teach Food Photography to everyone at this years workshop. This two day workshop is always small and intimate. Each of the instructors can give the valuable one-on-one time to each student.
We know how important it is to be able to work individually with students and we hope that everyone leaves more informed and inspired to take their food photography skills to another level.
The workshop includes 2 days of shooting in two different locations with gorgeous natural light.
- Topics on camera settings and shooting in natural light will be covered.
- Artificial light- all four of us have shot with flashes/strobes so we’ll be discussing food photography in artificial light for those of you interested.
- Food styling, propping, and editing will be covered in either lecture or live demonstration.
- The first venue has gorgeous natural light & we’ll have props and pretty food ready for you to practice with.
- At the 2nd venue, which is a restaurant, we’ll have a session on lifestyle photography & photojournalism with the cook staff as our models!
- Bring your camera, laptop, extra batteries, questions and enthusiasm because these 2 days will rock.
All four of us will be talking about many topics, so we’ll have many answers for you.
To enroll or find out more about the workshop, please visit the Food and Light website. Look forward to seeing you there!
scenes from last year’s workshop
To celebrate the love of food photography and styling, we’re doing a special little giveaway!
When used in the right way, linens provide a valuable texture to food photography. We’re always collecting great linens to use in our food photography shots and as always, it’s exciting to come across pieces that we know will work great.
We found some great hand stitched linens with delicate patterns and color that would be wonderful for Spring food shots.
What is so wonderful about these linens are that they are double sided, with two great patterns and textures in one. Each linen is so versatile!
We bought these ourselves and want to share a set of 3 linens to one lucky person!
- Leave your comment below to enter the drawing for the set of 3 linens.
- Extra Entry: tweet this post & come back here to leave the twitter link for your 2nd comment
- Linen Giveaway ends Sunday, February 27, 2011 at midnight PST
- Winner will be selected by random number generator and announced back on this post on Monday, February 28, 2011
Good luck on the giveaway and hope to see you at Food & Light Boulder!
each linen has 2 sides, 2 different patterns
many more options for your food photographs