“I think every woman should have a blow torch” – Julia Child.
These words, Julia’s words, are brilliant. I can’t help it but to look it up again every so often because it makes me laugh out loud and it doesn’t matter where I am when I’m reminded of it, people look at me crazy because I’m laughing into the wind. I’m totally cool with looking like a looney and giggling because Julia’s words just strike a chord with me.
I can interpret Julia’s words literally and say “Yes! all chicks need a good flame for creme brulee.”.
And I can see her words figuratively and feel so empowered by her statement. What ever she was trying to say, I agree with all of it. Yes, every woman needs that source of inspiration, of flame, of fiery passion and that occasional bit of heated vent. Be open, strong, feisty and fierce with your commitment to what ever is that you are doing.
Oh, blow torches are for boys too. Let’s not forget that boys like to play with fire. Todd has three blow torches of his own! I just wanted to leave you with Julia’s words for the upcoming weekend. Interpret it how you may, but most importantly, I hope that it gives you the same chuckle and smile that it does for me.
Aside from this quote, here are some other things that I found to make me happy:
- Apricots. They’re coming into season now and I’m as happy as ever. And guess what? We finally carved out a space in the garden to plant our very first apricot tree! We are super excited to introduce a Gold Kist apricot to our SoCal garden.
- I love breakfasts. This breakfast pizza is killing me softly. It looks incredible.
- I need my lunches, it’s my biggest meal of the day. I
want need these fully loaded spring samosas.
- And for dinner, this avocado romaine salad.
- These mango & salted coconut popsicles for dessert!
Eat well, friends and have a wonderful weekend.