Finally!! We’re back to eating salad again. After the last couple of sweet, indulgent baking frenzies, we’re finally ready for something light. These poor asian pears have been neglected over the past couple days because we’ve been too busy stuffing ourselves with calorie rich foods (it’s been chilly!). But today’s warm, dry winds and bright sunshine is calling out for a simple and light asian pear salad. Asian pears are awesome!. They’re juicy, crispy and perfectly sweet to eat alone or tossed in salads. When in season and when we have parties, there is always an asian pear salad dish on our feasting table. There’s two more asian pear salads on our menu this week, so check back for more crispy, refreshing salads!
Asian & Pistachio Salad w/Apple Cider Vinaigrette Recipe
This easy salad and apple cider dressing can be put together in less than 20 minutes. If you don’t have access to asian pears, any type of apple will work just as well. Spinach also makes a nice substitute for the lettuce.
Red Leaf Lettuce or any lettuce of your choice.
1 asian pear or apple
1/4 cup pistachios
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all vinaigrette ingredients together well.
2. Slice asian pear into matchstick sizes. Toss with lettuce and pistachios.
3. Plate out lettuce, pear and pistachio mixture. Dress each plate with vinaigrette when ready to eat. Garnish with lemon zest.
More sauces, dips, dressing and condiments you might like:
- Fig balsamic glaze/dressing/marinade/drizzle
- Creme Fraiche
- Honey balsamic glaze
- Garlic Soy Dip
- Honey balsalmic vinaigrette
- Shallot-Soy dressing
- Creamy ginger-soy dressing
- WORC BBQ sauce
- Ginger soy caramel sauce/dip
- Asian Ketchup
- Pineapple dip/dressing
- Garlic ailioi with Italian parsley
- Apple cider vinaigrette
- Vietnamese pickles – carrots and daikon radish
- Vietnamese fish sauce dip – Nước chấm
- Vietnamese fried, crispy shallots
- Vietnamese chili salt
- Mango puree
- Pomegranate juice