Food bloggers are a force to be reckoned with in more ways than we could have ever imagined. In just two years of writing, photographing and sharing our lives with all of you from around the world, the impact of all your friendship, support and community has been one of the things we hold closest to our hearts.
For many of us, the driving force behind our stamina and enthusiasm for blogging comes from the powerful community we are a part of. The topic of community seemed to be one of the strongest themes that we discussed during this amazing week at Club Med’s Food Blogger Camp in Ixtapa, Mexico. The importance of building community, and supporting one another to be come better writers, photographers and bloggers was what made this Food Blogger vacation week so inspiring.
Informative workshops led byJaden and David, Elise, Dianne, Matt, Michael and Donna, Adam, and us (Todd & Diane) all had the same underlying focus: to help one another become better at what we do. And to have fun doing it.
Without this phenomenal food blogging community that we all participate in, cyberspace would be a much lonelier place. Every week, food bloggers gather somewhere in the world to eat, share, laugh and encourage one another. We’re always reading or hearing about blogging communities coming together to eat, learn and disucuss all and any topics related to bettering out blogs. Anytime food bloggers come together to support one another, we’re further building the integrity and strength of this community that we value so much.
The friendships that we’ve gained over these two amazing years is the true treasure of food blogging. We owe it all to this invaluable community of food lovers, all of you, that energize us and rally us to keep blogging with integrity, spirit and conviction. Thank you to everyone who attended Food Blogger Camp 2010 and we hope that the rest of you will be able to join us at this amazing event again next year at Club Med ! Start saving your pennies, NOW!
A special thank you to Jaden, Kate and everyone at Club Med for brining us together and providing such an amazing forum for the workshops!
See you next year!,
Diane and Todd
Video : During the first part of the week, we captured footage to create a final video to present at our Multimedia Workshop at Food Blogger Camp. (for those with slow internet connection, the first viewing might be choppy. Let the video load all the way first, then you can watch through it’s entirety ,without disruption)
Memorable Scenes from Food Blogger Camp Week:
Enjoy many more write ups & great photography from Food Blogger Camp:
- Moments That Matter (Steamy Kitchen)
- Food Blog Camp (Michael Ruhlman)
- Camp Tips & Insights (FoodWoolf)
- Matt’s Top 10 Moments (Matt Bites)
- Great Round-Up of Workshops (Recipe Girl)
- Ixtapa Nights – (Good Food Stories )
- Food Blogger Camp Re-Cap (Wasabimom)
- Food Blogger Camp, Part 1 (David Lebovitz)
- Food Blogger Camp, Part 2 (David Lebovitz)
- All I Got From Food Blogger Camp… (Steamy Kitchen)
- Food Writing, Photography & Styling Tips (worc)
- Food Photography, Getting a Cookbook Deal & Zihua Market (worc)
- Food Blogger Camp at Club Med Ixtapa (Dianasaur Dishes)
- Clicking the Mental Refresh Button in Ixtapa (Foodspiration)
- Food Styling with Adam Pearson (FoodSpiration)
- Food Blogger Camp Part Uno (A Beach Home Companion)
- Food Blogger Camp Part Dos (A Beach Home Companion)
- Food Blogger Camp Part Tres (A Beach Home Companion)
- Kickin’ It at Food Blogger Camp (Dianne Jacob)
- Food Blogger Camp Tips & Insights (Dianne Jacob)
- Sensuous Writing with Corn Pops (Dianne Jacob)
- Eating in Paradise (Frantastic Food)
- Sunset (Frantastic Food)
- A Day at the Beach (Frantastic Food)
- And He Said, “Let there be light” (Frantastic Food)
- Constants (and Tequila) (Vanilla Garlic)
- Zihuatanejo Market: A Short Tour (Vanilla Garlic)
- Food Blog Camp Flickr Pool (Photos)